Saturday, February 04, 2006

 

Part-Time Programs?

I'm now looking at some part-time programs. I was thinking that I would apply to just full-time programs, but it's kind of tempting to keep working (and maybe even get sponsored, although I don't think my company has an official program) while getting my MBA. Plus, if I sort of stay within my current field, I don't necessarily need a summer internship to help me get a foothold in a new caree/industry.

I guess I need to decide before I apply, though. I doesn't make much sense to apply to both part-time and full-time programs. It makes it look like you don't know what you want to do.

Comments:
You have to be REALLY good at time management and be ready to give up a lot/most of your free time for a part time program. I thought about doing it, but decided I couldn't sacrifice having a life for 2 or 3 years.
 
I would agree that attending part time programs basically translate to having a limited social life for 2-3 years. If you are well into your career and do not want to change the direction of your career drastically, then part time is of worthy consideration.

Disclaimer: I am a part-time applicant so I am obviously biased:)
 
Sorry! I was away from my blog for a while. I'm thinking that I'll take the GMAT in early May, which will give me plenty of time before Round 1 before if I need to take it again. But the plan is to study my a$$ of and just have to take it once.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?